|Artist (Musical Talent/Entertainment) –
Food Services –
Medical Records –
Medical Supplies –
Prayer Worrier –
Volunteer Coordinator –
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I sign up to volunteer?
Check out the Upcoming Events page and click on the event registration link
What does it cost?
There is no cost to you other than your personal expenses and while it is recommended that you purchase a reusable event shirt we do respectfully require a shirt the color for your department.
When do I need to arrive?
All volunteers must be on site the day before the event for set-up and orientation.
Do I have to volunteer the entire duration of the event?
No, depending on the department in which you are volunteering, the day is typically broken up into 2 shifts; Morning 6AM-12PM and Afternoon 12PM-6PM. We ask that you plan on volunteering for at least a full shift.
Arizona SonShine needs volunteers for a variety of musical and entertainment talents. Performance will be provided at multiple venue locations, waiting area, pre-registration etc.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Instrumental (solo or in groups)
Volunteers will help with food preparation before the event as there will be much to be done to organize and prepare for the event. The lunch meal is a wonderful addition to meeting eh needs of our guest and volunteers.
- Personnel have a state food handlers certification (but not required) are encouraged to volunteer
These are volunteers that assist in multiple departments starting with registration. Hospitality volunteers assist the event participants by escorting them through the various departments and provide a communication link to all appropriate personnel.
Additional duties include:
- Welcoming attendees (First impressions)
- Making certain that there is a smooth flow to and from registration.
This includes but not limited to:
- Pharmacy (if applicable)
- Works with medical and dental director to determine supplies needed
- Seeks donations from appropriate sources ie: county health department, Diversified Solutions
- Arranges for purchase of needed supplies
- Responsible for provision and stocking of supplies on date of event
The Chaplaincy Department is a critical link between how we meet the Event participants medical needs with spiritual needs. Volunteers in this department will be interspersed within all areas of the event as well as the final check-out station. All exiting Event participants will have the opportunity to speak with the appropriate person from this department concerning their spiritual health and as appropriate guide them to opportunities for a greater awareness and decision making for Christ. Volunteers will also be providing care packets to all event participants.
Volunteers needed for this Department include but are not limited to:
- Prayer Worriers
This vital department is responsible for:
- Organizing the provision of information to potential volunteers
- Follow-up with potential volunteers to secure commitment with licensing
- Market to Professional Organizations (LLU alumni, etc)
Registration Services / Medical Records
This is a very active department which completes the initial intake of the Event participants. They assist in the completion of the intake questionnaire reviewing it for completeness and then assign the participant to a Hospitality volunteer for entry into the Provider section.
Arizona SonShine also needs Record volunteers to provide data entry for the medical records (required by county)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Volunteer registration
- Event participant registration
- Data entry (computer for all participants)
- Bi-lingual and translator volunteers will also be very helpful in this department.
Security duties include:
- Initial interaction with those standing in line for registration
- Maintaining compliance for Event participant entrance into the venue registration site.
- Maintaining order and responding to untoward events (there is no physical contact requirements for this role)
- Manning a variety of checkpoints and interacting throughout the venue site.
This is a small but vital department that will coordinate the volunteer assignments and event (day of) staffing coordination.
- Organizes and assigns non-healthcare, non-licensed volunteers