Parking- There is plenty of parking available at the Prescott Valley Event Center
Hotel/Motel recommendations for out of town guests
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- How do I sign up for healthcare services?
- Go to the Healthcare Provider Healthcare Registration Page (link)
- What non-healthcare positions am I able to volunteer for?
- Go to “Other Positions” Registration Page (link)
- What does it cost?
- There is no cost to you other than your personal expenses and while it is recommended that you purchase a reusable event shirt we do respectfully require a shirt the color for your department. Shirts may be purchased through registration or call Nancy Adamson at (928) 636-4352.
- When do I need to arrive?
- All volunteers must be on site June 8 for set-up and orientation and prayerfully set-up.
Chair – Tony Jasper
Clinical Chair – Geof Tio
The Chaplaincy Department is a critical link between how we meet the Event participants medical needs with spiritual needs. Volunteers in this department will be interspersed within all areas of the event as well as the final check-out station. All exiting Event participants will have the opportunity to speak with the appropriate person from this department concerning their spiritual health and as appropriate guide them to opportunities for a greater awareness and decision making for Christ. Volunteers will also be providing care packets to all event participants.
CHILDCARE: Chair – Nancy Adamson
HOSPITALITY: Chair – Nancy Fields
These are volunteers that assist in multiple departments starting with registration. Hospitality volunteers assist the event participants by escorting them through the various departments and provide a communication link to all appropriate personnel.
Additional duties include:
• Welcoming attendees (First impressions)
• Making certain that there is a smooth flow to and from registration.
FOOD SERVICE: Chair – Lillian De La Cruz
Food Services will be preparing 400 lunches each day (June 14 & 15). Volunteer will help with food preparation on June 8 as there will be much to be done to organize and prepare for the Event. The lunch meal is a wonderful addition to meeting eh needs of our guest and volunteers.
Personnel have a state food handlers certification (but not required) are encouraged to volunteer
HEALTHY LIVING: Chair – Marlene Wolverton
This is a very active department with life style councilors meeting one-on-one with each event participant to discuss lifestyle opportunities and local resources for making positive choices in lifestyle changes:
Volunteers needed for this Department include but are not limited to:
• Lifestyle counselors
• Smoking cessation counselors
• Diabetes awareness and management counselors
• Fitness Counselors
HOSPITALITY: Chair – Cathy Fields
LOGISTICS: Co-Chairs – Steven LeMert and Lari Long
MEDICAL SUPPLIES: Chair – Kim Delgado
This department is responsible for but not limited to the following:
• Pharmacy (if applicable)
• Works with medical and dental director to determine supplies needed
• Seeks donations from appropriate sources ie: county health department, Diversified Solutions
• Arranges for purchase of needed supplies
• Responsible for provision and stocking of supplies on date of event
MUSIC: Chair – TBD
Arizona SonShine needs volunteers for a variety of musical talents.
Music performance will be provided at multiple venue locations, waiting area, pre-registration etc.
This includes but is not limited to:
• Instrumental (solo or in groups)
RECRUITMENT: Chair –Diane Degaraty, interim
This vital department is responsible for
• Organize the provision of information to potential volunteers
• Follow-up with potential volunteers to secure commitment with licensing
• Market to Professional Organizations (LLU alumni, etc)
REGISTRATION Chair – Candy Vogel
MEDICAL RECORDS: Chair – Joan Ryan
Bi-lingual and translator volunteers will also be very helpful in this department
This is a very active department which completes the initial intake of the Event participants. They assist in the completion of the intake questionnaire reviewing it for completeness and then assign the participant to a Hospitality volunteer for entry into the Provider section.
Arizona SonShine also needs 2 Medical Record volunteers to provide data entry for the medical records (required by county)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Volunteer registration (June 13)
• Event participant registration (June 14 & 15)
• Data entry (computer for all participants) June 14 & 15
SECURITY: Chair – Jay Schermer
Arizona SonShine needs 15 volunteers
Security is provided by Arizona SonShine volunteers, Prescott High School Security staff and local law enforcement.
Arizona SonShine volunteer duties include:
• Initial interaction with those standing in line for registration
• Maintaining compliance for Event participant entrance into the venue registration site.
• Maintaining order and responding to untoward events (there is no physical contact requirements for this role)
• Manning a variety of checkpoints and interacting throughout the venue site.
THERAPIES: Dee Sickles
VISION SERVICES: Chair – Carol Lawson
Optometry services will be provided at the event and will offer single and double screening.
VOLUNTEER COORDINATION: Chair – TBD
This is a small but vital department that will coordinate the volunteer assignments and Event (day of) staffing coordination.
• Organizes and assigns non-medical, non-licensed volunteers